Looking to add some nutritional (yet delicious) options at your next holiday gathering this season? Give this Protein Gingerbread recipe a try. Made with Mike’s Mix Whey Protein and Flaxseed, this banana bread variation will add substance and great taste to any spread.
P.S. Also makes for a great recovery snack!
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour (or substitute Mike’s Mix Quinoa Flour)
- 3/4 Cup Mike’s Mix Whey Protein
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (or any sugar variety, such as Mike’s Mix Powdered Honey)
- 1/4 Cup Mike’s Mix Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Bananas
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix flour, protein, sugar, flax, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Blend in egg, yogurt, applesauce, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Mash the bananas and blend them with the other ingredients.
- Pour batter into a bread pan
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
Like this protein recipe? Hate it? Think you have a better recipe?
We want to hear from you!
Our wonderful friend, Izzy, made this concoction for us. She was inspired by the idea of using whole foods to supplement traditional energy foods. We are excited to see what else she comes up with and hope you are too.
Please leave a comment below or Contact Us to let us (and Izzy) know what you think.