Also known as an Iced Mocha Recovery Drink! This recipe was submitted by a Mike’s Mix user, Lisa, who is doing the P90X program along with her family. Although trying to cut down on caffeine, they have allotted themselves this one treat. In her words “No workout, no caffeine”. Although it would be difficult to categorize coffee as a health food, it has a high content of antioxidants and recent studies have shown coffee may have additional benefits, such as protecting against Parkinson’s disease, dementia, type 2 diabetes and liver cancer. Thanks to Lisa and her family for this contribution!
- 6-8 oz cold coffee
- 2 scoops of Mike’s Mix-Chocolate Buy Mike’s Mix
- 6-8 ice cubes
Place ingredients in blender, mix until smooth, pour in glass, drink, enjoy!
- Brew coffee the night before (I prefer Dunkin Donuts medium roast, purchased in a big bag at Sam’s Club).
- Brew the coffee strong, about double the amount you would normally find enjoyable to drink.
- Use the Mike’s Mix scoop for your coffee…2 Mike’s Mix scoops of coffee grounds for a 12 cup pot.
- Refrigerate it so it’s cold for after the next days workout.
Thank you Lisa, Great recipe for the coffee smoothie. It has been a great pick up and recovery from the 5hr plus workouts! Thanks also to Mike for the great product!
This is a wonderful idea Lisa. I like a little bit of skim milk in my drink. Any suggestions on how much I should add?