How does your product compare to P90X recovery drink, Muscle Milk and Endurox R4? I have read the stuff on your website but what are your thoughts? Why is yours better?
I began making Mike’s Mix with many of the other mentioned products already on the market. As a coach and trainer I have always had an interest in sports nutrition and really developed a passion for understanding post-workout metabolism. After reading every study I could find on recovery nutrition, I realized that many of the recovery products had either veered off the path of formulating a product that agreed with the research (and worked), focusing on taste, promoting fads within the industry, etc or agreed with the research but were overpriced. So, without having an intention to make a business out of my venture, I made my own recovery drink. My first attempts tasted horrible and didn’t mix at all! However, I had hundreds of pounds of the stuff, as I had to buy ingredients in 50 pound bags, so I drank it and pawned it off on friends. One thing led to another and as I stubbornly worked on the formula to make it palatable, (experimenting with different ingredients and buying high end raw materials), Mike’s Mix emerged.
11 reasons to choose Mike’s Mix Recovery Drink:
1. Mike’s Mix works. What is the most important aspect of recovery? The answer: taking in enough carbohydrate and protein calories to repair damaged muscles and restore glycogen (muscle sugar). I have only included ingredients in Mike’s Mix that have research demonstrating a benefit to recovery. These ingredients are included in the ratio and amounts based on the findings of these studies. If I ever come across research that demonstrates that I should include another ingredient to bolster recovery, I will do so. In short there is not a more effective recovery drink on the market and I keep a critical eye on current research to make sure Mike’s Mix will always be the go to product for recovery.
2. Mike’s Mix is affordable. Because I have not included a number of costly additives, I have kept the price low on Mike’s Mix. Additionally, I am a small company without huge overhead from advertising, etc.
3. Mike’s Mix is all natural. No flavors, colors, or preservatives. I did my best to keep this a healthy drink.
4. Mixes well. Simply put in a container with a lid (I use a shaker bottle), add liquid, shake and drink.
5. Tastes good. I think my product tastes great but I am biased.
6. I make Mike’s Mix fresh every week and ship it right to your door.
7. I stand behind my product and value customer service. Don’t like your mix? I give a 100% money back guarantee for any reason what-so-ever.
8. Made in the USA. All ingredients, labeling and packaging.
10. Mike’s Mix is an honest product. The supplement industry is filled with pseudo-scientific jargon and ridiculous, unsupported claims. Mike’s Mix is a simple and straight-forward product.
11. I answer customer questions (like this one). I enjoy hearing from customers (and potential customers), answering any questions and just debating the newest nutrition/fitness trends. If you have any more questions for me in the future, please feel free to ask. Contact Us!