Quinoa Flour Pizza Crust
This crust has a crispy, pita bread consistently to it that is delicious. I used it for pizza but this can easily be made as a stand alone for dipping and complimenting other foods. Give this a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups Mike’s Mix Quinoa Flour
- 3 Tbsp Mike’s Mix Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together the quinoa flour, flaxseed, baking powder and seasoning
- Add olive oil and hot water and knead together
- Drizzle extra olive oil onto a pan and transfer the dough to the middle of the pan, spreading outwards until dough is evenly spread.*
- Bake in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. Crust should be light, golden brown in color.
- Add desired toppings,** return to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
* Place a little bit of olive oil on your hands to help with spreading if the dough is sticking.
** I use a tomato based pizza sauce and found I preferred the end result when I put a lot of sauce on this crust.