It’s rhubarb season in Wisconsin and my favorite food season by far. Rhubarb stalks are crisp and tart and although considered a vegetable, are commonly used as though it were fruit. Think tart pies, crisps and syrups paired with ice cream. Have I mentioned that I love rhubarb?
Given my love of rhubarb, I was very excited to try this post-work out smoothie that contains rhubarb, strawberries and Mike’s Mix Tangerine Cream Recovery Drink. This tasty smoothie is easy to make with a sweet tartness that will definitely give your taste buds a treat.
Feel free to make variations of the recipe. I add carbonated water to my smoothies as I like the fizz it adds and the extra bit of natural flavoring it adds to the smoothie.
- 1 cup rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup strawberries or mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup liquid (any juice or water)
- 2-3 scoops Mixes Mix Tangerine Cream Recovery Drink
- 1 serving Mike’s Mix Chia Seeds
- 1 serving Mike’s Mix Flax Seed
- Combine ingredients, blend and enjoy!
A big thanks to Caleb Schwartz, a Mike’s Mix Ambassador, for sharing this delicious and tart recipe with us. For those who haven’t heard of Caleb, he is a teenager from Madison, Wisconsin who races cyclocross, mountain and road. He’s an amazing kid and athlete. Check out his blog here!